factoryTalk view studio selectro switches

showme

I want to use a maintained selector switch using factorytalk view.
I know how to select from the symbol library.
What I would like to do is use three different tags for each position. I really don't wan to use expressions just tags. Is this possible? can I layer three maintained switches each having different tags?

Learn them.
FTView is ueless without them, and the included symbol factory is pretty lame as well, since all of the inherent controls and animations are stripped from the symbols.
FTView just plain sucks.

Make A DINT Tag.
On the Selector Switch Select Animation Property. Select Rotation. The Expression should be your DINT Tag. Expression Range Select Constant. Min. 0 Max. 90 Rotation (Degrees) At Min. 0 At Max. 90 Center of Rotation (-2,-2)

Then put 3 Small Interlock Push Buttons Across the Switch Positions and Set your Button Values At 0 , 45, 90. Each Button Will Write To The DINT Tag. This way when you click the button the selector will rotate to that position.

SELECTOR.png