Siemens S7-400

kimoturbo

Hey Guys,

Can someone please tell me how can I connect my PC to PLC Siemens S7-400. I just want to upload all what's in the PLC. The CPU I have is 412-1 and I have step 7 v5.5 on my PC and I am using PC Adapter (MPI) to connect with the PLC. I found a tutorial online saying that I should check my communication using the Accessible Nodes icon in step 7, but every time I try it. I get this message:

"online: the local MPI address for the programming device/pc is higher than the maximum node address or the wrong transmission rate or wrong interrupt is set"

Please if anyone has a detailed tutorial on how to connect to S7-400 please share it with me.

Also, The PLC I am trying to connect to is attached to a machine with a PROFIBUS Cable and PC Adapter I have has MPI/DP written on it. Does this mean I should disconnect the PROFIBUS Cable first?

One more question, does the step for connecting to a PLC S7-400 apply for S7-300 PLCs?

Thank you in advance

In Simatic Manager > Options > Set PG/PC Interface > PC Adapter.Auto.1 > Properties > Start Network Detection.

Or you could PC Adapter.Profibus.1 > Properties > Address: 0, Transmission Rate: 1.5Mbps, HSA: 126, Profile: DP
Those are standard settings, the HSA and/or Transmission rate might be different in your configuration. PG/PC address should be 0, but some people go against this rule...

And yes, connecting to S7-300 is same as to S7-400.

Through accessible nodes if you don't have the correct project.

If you do have the correct project, you can just go online: View > Online.

Obviously Jeebs is much better with Siemens then I ever be (or care to) so do as he suggested... but you can try watching the videos below, scroll down to Siemens and watching the two (MPI and the ProfiBus), its for the cables we sell but it may help you as it should be the same as yours (or close) once you have your setting correct click on the 'active node' and if on line you will see your nodes that you can connect to.

http://www.plccable.com/comm-support-videos/

Hope that helps

Guys, I tried connecting to the S7-400 as you told me.

Using the PC Adapter (Auto), it gave me "The bus parameters could not be determined because a communication error occurred. Check the installation of the interface and cabling."

Using the PC Adapter (PROFIBUS), it gave me "Online: Communication Link to the adapter damaged."

So I tried connecting to S7-300, but this one had another port for MPI other than the one used for Profibus, so I used it and connected normally. However, when I tried to upload everything on the PLC, it gave me two error messages:
1) "(2000) Error while uploading the configuration to the programming device (PG). Do you want to continue?"

2) "(120) Error while uploading the configuration to the programming device (PG). Do you want to continue?"

When I searched online, I found that I should download the new HW Config. updates and that's what I did, but still got the same errors and some said that I should download and install ES Drive Basic, will that solve the problem???