FTV V7.0 No Touch!

PLC Pie Guy

Good day all.
I am working on another PVP1000 HMI project. I have done a couple now and I must say coming from a strong RSV32 background there were a few things to get used to but all in all not to bad.
The one thing that has me is the fact that there is no touch animation property for the buttons either from the native symbols or the Symbol Factory buttons. I am trying to Virtualize a large control panel that the operators are used to running. The idea is to make it look as much like the current panel they are using as possible. I have done this in several RSV32 projects and it was very well liked by management and operators.
I am looking for input from others about what they do when requiring such a visual. Besides hiding buttons from the toolbar behind the real button image I am not sure what to do.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ah, yes. You have two options that I can think of:
Change the push button to transparent background, then place on top of the image/symbol that you would like (works well when used on equipment pictures).

Create 2 bmp images: one for the pressed and one for released state. Then add those two images to the push button state properties.

Hey there ArlanJacobs.
That is exactly what I did. I placed images of the button in on state and off state relating to the state of the examined bit, then put a transparent button on top of the images. For the three position selector switches I made the transparent button connected to a bit that increments a counter and the counter .acc value determines what selector image to display. A little time consuming but it looks good.

One thing that I noticed though is that when using my symbol factory, I can't drag and drop any of the push buttons or action indicators. I must first create an image window on the display and use then copy and paste from the library to the image clipboard. I can however drag and drop any other item from the symbol factory. Pipes and motors and such. Is this the case or am I missing something here.

Thanks

no, that's how symbol factory works with FTView Studio.
Try using a multi-state push button for your selector switch, and add the BMP images to the states of the push button. much easier.

Some of the items you can drag right on to the screen canvas; those items get converted to simple objects within FTView Studio. You can change their colour and animate, but they cannot be push buttons in FTView ME.

The other items can only be used as images (ex. the "Gadget" categories); you need to do the copy/paste trick that you mentioned.
You can also right-click the item in Symbol Factory then export to BMP. Import that image into FTView Studio by dragging the *.BMP from Windows Explorer onto FTView Studio.