Searching Arrays

tkvech

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a RSLogix 5000 project. I have an array, There are twenty items or so in each. The customer now wants me to have a Panelview button so they can enter the Die # and it will search all of the array and display all recipes that have that Die #. I was thinking you could do a search the 1st array and copy it to a Results array, which I can then display the results of that array.

Part#
Die #
Length
Weight
Blade Diameter
Lineal length
Teeth count
and so on

tkvech,

i did this in a slc 500 for several projects.
i did a for next loop.
i'm doing this from memory.

Create an array for each parameter and add a few more.
Let index position [0] be for the current production piece.
Define an integer for your search number

If search[index] <> to partno[pos] then jump to lable A.
Lable A goes to a dummy contact
then you add 1 to the search position.

when the numbers equal, move the data registers to pos [0].

this is from memory.

hope this helps,
james