Ml1400

jks66

hii i am jay
How can we assign IP address of Fresh new Allen Bradley ML1400 Via ethernet?
We have to assign IP Via ethernet only....👨🏻‍🏫

There are three ways to set the IP Address for the MicroLogix 1400 Ethernet port...

1. Via BOOTP or automatically via DHCP
2. Configure using RSLogix 500 programming software
3. Using the LCD on the front of the MicroLogix 1400

Step 1 is carried out while connected to the controller's Channel 1 Ethernet port.
Step 2 is carried out while connected to serial port 0 or 2 which are default DF1 Full Duplex out-of-the-box.
Step 3 is, well, obvious.

See Page 334 Appendix G - Configuring the Ethernet Channel on the MicroLogix 1400...

MicroLogix 1400 Programmable Controllers User Manual

I usually use BOOTP to manually assign the IP address, but sometimes I will use the 9-pin serial port 2 and get online using DF1, and then set the configuration for Channel 1.

It depends on whether it's a full moon on the third Tuesday of an uneven numbered month, so that BOOTP will behave itself.

Regards,
George

The above advice spot on.

Started my first project using ethernet on a ML1100 yesterday and found connecting via serial first and configuring chanel 1 worked well.

Just use the screen though. For the first few hours of bimbling through it all I kept wishing they could have added the screen feature to the 1100 :p

It depends on whether it's a full moon on the third Tuesday of an uneven numbered month, so that BOOTP will behave itself.

You can overcome the third tuesday of an uneven month issue by standing on your left leg and invoking a blessing to Ether, the god of industrial networking. But that only works in non-prime numbered years. :geek::geek: