RSLogix 5000 "Delete Tag" disabled. Why?

madisjc

Howdy,

I am using RSLogix 5000 Version 20.01, and I have written a simple program that does what it is supposed to. Now I want to clean it up, but the software won't seem to let me delete any tags. Cut and Delete are grayed out in the context menu. I can add new tags, modify existing ones etc, but I can't delete any Controller or Program Tags.

Hopefully someone has seen this before?

Thanks,
John

Never mind. I figured it out. You have to click on the little box on the very left hand side of the tag editor row, in order for Delete to be enabled.

Howdy,

I am using RSLogix 5000 Version 20.01, and I have written a simple program that does what it is supposed to. Now I want to clean it up, but the software won't seem to let me delete any tags. Cut and Delete are grayed out in the context menu. I can add new tags, modify existing ones etc, but I can't delete any Controller or Program Tags.

Hopefully someone has seen this before?

Thanks,
John

Hey dude, I know this was forever-ago, but thanks for your post - helped me out of a jam. Worked on RS Logix Studio 30 -- just had to highlight the whole line before it will let you Delete it. Annoying UI feature, but at least it's a simple fix