Numeric entry handshake error panelview component

churchable

I need help setting the PLC logic for my numeric entry on my Panelview component 2711C C400 (T4T). My program functions fine, but every time I enter a value using the numeric entry keypad I get the error message "dataentry enter handshake control did not reset the enter control".

I have searched the forums and tried numerous different configurations. The handshake logic I use on my 1250+ panels doesn't seem to work.

What I have now looks like:

enter btn latch
--| |-----------(L)

latch t4:x
--| |-----------ton

t4:x/en t4:x/dn handshake to panelview
--| |-------|/|----------( )-

t4:x/dn latch
--| |-----------(U)-

I wouldn't normally use a latch, but the enter button from the numeric keypad engages for an imperceptibly short time.

The quick start manual doesn't even show that you need to use the handshake but without it my keypad doesn't ever go away.

I know a lot of users don't like Panelview component, but this was for a really simple application and the unit is cost-effective for installing 4 pushbuttons and a numeric entry. I'm not interested in another device. I just want to fix this error.

Thanks,

David

20150505_154602.jpg

I'm posting my solution in case anyone cares. The Panelview Component quick start guide didn't mention anything about using the notiry and handshake tags. This is covered in knowledgebase 491908. My ladder seemed to conform to this so I'm not sure why it didn't work.

Previously, I also tried removing the notify and handshake tags from the panel and this resulted in the keypad lingering on the screen and never closing. I tried this again this morning and everything worked without a hitch. I'm not sure why.

So the solution was to not use this feature.