Operator enters setpoint values using “Numeric Input Enable Properties”
Properties Tabs:
Label = /*N:5 {[Addback]Addback_HMI_SP[8].HMI_Proc_Entry} NOFILL DP:2*/ sec
Numeric popup = Keypad

Timing
Delay = 400 ms hold = 250 ms handshake = 4 sec reset = Non-zero value
Connections

(See attached pdf)

When testing runtime and opening the display I get “The item no longer available”.

Although all entries are present and correct - some but not all tags appear to be inactive.
When opening the numeric popup entry the window is asterisks

Thank you for any direction on this problem.

1. Is your shortcut correctly defined?
2. Is the tag referenced correctly i.e spelling errors etc?
3. Is the referenced actually defined or created in the plc?

From the diagnostic in the pdf, it looks like it cannot find the tag in the plc.

Hi Yacineg
Thank for your reply.

1. All shortcuts are the same. Some work and some don't.
2. All tags are pulled from the tag update online.
3.created in plc. (array)

The error is telling us that the system cannot find those tags. We can see on your display that you do have some data being displayed. That's a good thing to be sure.

The shortcut "Addback" is where I would start. I would be curious if the other items on that screen (that are working) are using the same or different shortcuts. If it is the same shortcut, then I move to troubleshooting the tags. I would open the Numeric Input object and go to Connections and try to re-select the tags.

If they use different shortcuts, then continue to look at the Addback shortcut configuration.

OG

Thanks Operaghost,
When in initial design I pulled all the tags from the online tag file in the processor. I also did the re-select after discovering they didn't work. Using the shortcut which is also in the RSLinx. Not sure why the tags would be an issue. They are all from the same Array.
0 - 20.

Are Arrays not a good fit for this?

I would locate on that screen the first tag that has the error (HMI_CIP_Entry). Find out where it is being used. Open the configuration for that item and re-select your tag, but first, tell it to Refresh All Folders. Perhaps a refresh will add or remove some tags. If you haven't done that already of course.

You can also use the FactoryTalk Live Data Test Client to see if that tag is available. It is a handy tool that many forget about. It is a good tool for testing FT or OPC data connections.

OG

I found that deleting the non functioning entries and creating new ones with the same tags resolved the problem. Not sure of the cause of the actual problem but it now works.

Thanks for the helpful responses.