FTV Studio alarm import/export

dginbuffalo

Hello all. I am working on a project that i was lucky enough to copy from another machine. The other machines device shortcut was [plc] so all the tags and alarm triggers reference this. My project is [Machine#]. The export alarm tags is an xml file. how do i modify this and re-import it? I'm assuming excel but not exactly sure the formats to open and save in. Thanks for any advice!

For the application Displays' and Global Objects tags use the Find/Replace FTVS tools (Menu Bar/Tools or Toolbar).
For the Alarms, right-click the Alarms/Alarm Setup Project Tree folder and then choose Import and Export.../Export.
Edit the .xml file with Notepad using the Edit Menu Find/Replace tools.
Import into the new application when done.