VM Ware Version

chavak

Hi,

I am new to VMware. Is there any particular version of it that I should target to be compatible with Rockwell or other PLC related softwares.

Thank You

Only applicable when using VMPlayer:

YES!!!

Any of the V6.xx.
Do not, I repeat, do NOT use V7 or higher.
V3 to V5 might work, but they are not as stable, or they lack some features that are present in V6.

I was thinking VMware Workstation. We are using v10 and have no problems with Rockwell or Siemens software. As far as I know there have not been any particular problems with previous versions.

But of course there is also VMware Player. I didn't think that far.

Depends on the Guest OS you want to run but unless it's very old linke windows 95 or 98 I would use the current version which is 11 for workstation and 7 for player.

Workstation 10 and 11 have much better performance than the older versions.

We use player pro 7 also with multiple tech and have zero issues with it.

Thank you guys for the replies. IT guys agreed to have VM Workstation installed, and asked me for the version.

I have been reading all the goodness of VMWare here, but didn't notice anybody mentioned version though. As of now I will only need W97, maybe XP in some days, who knows. But will never go further back.

I will specify Version 10 or 11.

Thank You