Powerflex 753 + slc505 + 20comm-d - datalinks not available

AUTROL

Hi everybody,

I need to configure datalinks for a PF753 communicating with a SLC500 via DeviceNet (20-COMM-D -> 1747-SDN).

Drive frm = 1.010;
2262C-2R on port 4;
20-COMM-D on port 6;
1747-SDN frm = 9.001;
Par. 13, 25 and 26 for port 6 were set to xxx11111 for 4 datalinks.

RSNetworks:
I was not able to configure the datalinks on the drive's node on RSNetworks.
(DLs From and To Net Cfg = 0.

Devide Identity [Primary] Device is DPI to DeviceNet [0121] (shouldn't be PowerFlex 750-Series via DeviceNet Device Type [0141]?).

I was not able also to upload the drive's configuration using CCW Software (I don't have a DeviceNet interface in my PC so I'm Communicating with the
DeviceNet Network via the Ethernet Network across SLC 5/05 Processor).
CCW issued a popup alarm saying: ERROR INITIALIZING - Illegal Command or Format - Potencial Solutions: Update the adapter firwmware at port 6.

I'd appreciate you help!

What means are you using to connect to the 1747-SDN DNet Scanner?
RSNetWorx for DeviceNet via what type of comms adapter?
The PF753 port number for any present 20-COMM-x comms adapter is Port 5-Set P275 to 5; what is the PF753 comms port configured Baud Rate (P270)?
What is the DNet network configured Baud Rate?
P270 value needs to be equal to the established 1747-SDN network Baud Rate.
You will first need to add the drive to the network and be able to "see" it while browsing RSNetWorx for DNet; this will require the proper .eds file to be registered onto the PC running RSNetWorx.
Once you are able to "see" the PF753 you will need to add it to the 1747-SDN Scanlist; make sure the PF753 allocated Input and Output Scanlist "footprint" will accommodate the drive configured Datalinks in addition to the Command + Reference/Status + Feedback "standard" allocation (Page 5-32) of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/20comm-um002_-en-p.pdf).

Once the drive is successfully added to the DNet Scanlist, you will need to Download it to the SLC processor.

I have never tried connecting CCW to a DNet drive which's comms are not even established.
I would use a PF753 on-board HIM and configure the DNet communications; once successful, you could access the VFD's setup using RSNetWorx.

Last edited:
Dear dmargineaum

Thanks for your attention

I don't have a DeviceNet of comms adapter so I'm communicating with the DeviceNet Network via the Ethernet Network as described in Publication 1747-UM655B-EN-P - June 2007 - Chapter 5, to communicate
with the 1747-SDN module via the SLC 5/05 processor and the
Ethernet network.
The 20-COMM-D adapter came from Rockwell factory installed on port 6.
The DNet network is configured and is working at 125 kbps.
I'm able to see the PF753 and it's already in the 1747-SDN Scanlist; Please find the attached files. I'm able to use the logic command/status words to start/stop the driver, as well as the Reference and Feedback words to accelerate the drive and read the actual speed.
My problem is that I didn't get to configure some datalinks in order to read some other analog values and status bits. As you can the it the attachet file, the parameters tab is missing, so I can't even see if datalinks exist or not.

Once again, I'd appreciate you help!
Thank you

1747-SDN GENERAL TAB.jpg 1747-SDN SCANLIST TAB.jpg 1747-SDN INPUT TAB.jpg 1747-SDN OUTPUT TAB.jpg RSNetworx PF753 NODE - PARAMETERS TAB MISSING.jpg

I see where you're standing...
And yes...PF700 Series VFDs will not expose their Parameter list when invoked by RSNetWorx for DNet...
You have stated that CCW will not connect to the drive when using network comms; have you tried connecting to the drive using a 1203-SSS or 1203-USB adapter? I am not sure CCW will connect over your implemented networking.
Otherwise, you will need DriveExecutive to connect over DNet.
The last option will be to configure the PF753 Datalinks using the HIM; I know it could be tedious, however, I can't think of any other way to configure the drive.

One other thing...Your Scanlist PF753 Input and Output data allocation is the "standard" 8 Byte; PF700 class with Datalinks will need 16 Bytes for Ins and 16 Bytes for Outs since they are using 32 bits for each word of data...You will need to double-up the Scanlist footprint and also make sure the M mapping in the SLC accommodates it...

And just to add the cherry on top of it all...You need 8 Bytes of Scanlist for each configured Datalink in addition to the default 8...