Control Circuit / Contactor Consumption

hskacar

Dear Friends,

I am working on a wiring diagram of MCC. There is local control box near motors which has Start/Stop Button, Auto/Man Selector Switch and Emergency Button.

1- I was thinking to use 230VAC control circuit, but i will use a multicore, overall screened cable for control cable, which is average 100 meters. I afraid that induction due to 230VAC and unexpected hold of relays. Because i had same problem before and i afraid of it.

2- Then i decided to go on 24VDC. The problem on 24VDC is the voltage drop. When i check the datasheet, inrush power and hold power of 24VDC coil contactors are same. Is it possible that inrush current drawn when the contactor coil is energized and hold power is same?

Schneider Catalog;
Inrush power in W 5.4 W at 20 °C
Hold-in power consumption in W 5.4 W at 20 °C

2iiihds.jpg

3- We will use GE CL00 series contactor. But on the catalog, there is only "Magnetic Circuit Closed Consumption" and "Magnetic Circuit Opened Consumption". They are both 5.5W. But i didnt understand what are they meant opened and closed?

w1adxd.jpg

4- So does it means that maximum power consumption that i should consider for voltage drop is 5.5W? If it is, there is no problem about voltage drop, because i will have only %10 voltage drop, which is in operating limits of contactor coil.

5- Btw i found a datasheet for klinkmann contactors. The inrush consumption is about ten times of hold consumption. Everything is more complicated now :/

29qmcli.jpg

Thank you for your supports.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
So, i found the answer for my question.

DC contactor coils has same inrush and hold consumption. So the current is always same except "low consumption contactors"

As you see on the datasheets of Schneider and GE, they are regular coils and inrush and holding consumption is 5.5W.

But the klinkmann contactor coil is "low consumption coil". So it has 2 coils actually. One of the coils only needed for closing the contactor. So it has 10W inrush consumption and 1.5W holding consumption.

I hope it would be helpful for someone having same confusion.

Thanks