1769-L31 to L32E

halla26

Hello all. This might be a simple question to some of you, however this is my first brush in such a scenario. Been tasked with upgrading a L31 processor to a L32E (for the Ethernet comms) Anyone had any dealings? Anything I should be looking out for or is it transfer the program over, assign the ip using bootp and not much else?

Thanks in advance

I've put the program over via RS232, and set up the ip for the Ethernet comms using Rslinx as static. Just flashed the L32E to rev 20. Seems to be going ok so far just to keep anyone else up to date doing similar

Nothing too fancy that you have to do. Make sure you have an up to date copy of your L31. Open your offline copy of your project, go to Controller Properties, click Change Controller, select the L32E.

Your new L32E will come with a basic firmware (1.xx) that will have to be flashed when you get it. Make sure you flash it to match the same major revision as your L31.

To set the IP address you can use BootP or you can do with via serial connection.

edit: haha, I was too slow...

Haha thanks for the reply anyway however!

Just for reference again, I have flashed the 1769-L32E to firmware rev, however while getting online with the bugger! I was met with the issue of getting online in Prog mode but unable to go online to run mode. This was due to the unit missing the 1769-ECR (end cap) which with the newer firmware it has to see the cap on for the resistor on the socket. Which is handy of Rockwell to catch me out with like..