1761-net-eni

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can I configure a NET-ENI To be a bridge between a 1747 L532
so it can communicate to 2 Panelview Plus's via Ethernet

I have downloaded AB's Com port redirection software & ENI Utility software but cant seem to set up the ENI IP address, How do I check for the address of the ENI (it was used so could the address not be the default which is 00204AAF2C3F) Which I dont understand. Reading the manual I need to enter the IP address in RS Linx in the Ethernet Driver.
Am I heading in the right direction? thanks

What revision letter is it?

Also, it might be easiest to connect to it serially to do the initial configuration since it is not new. I believe there is a way to restore to defaults and then use BootP to assign the IP address but I do not know for sure about that or the steps to do it.

"Can I configure a NET-ENI To be a bridge between a 1747 L532
so it can communicate to 2 Panelview Plus's via Ethernet"

I did a small test on a similar network arrangement and it worked, I used PeakHMI, panelview 400, SLC 5/03 and a micrologix

Check what revision it is.
I use the ENI/ENIW utility and it works fine (232). Click the "Reset" tab in the aforementioned Utility and you will see the the option to rest the module to the out of box state also you can upload the IP and assign/download the IP address.