rsview 32

Nick Z

How do I find out where a indicator on my hmi is getting its info from. I have a blender enable light that is not enabling and I cant find it in my logic for the program and was hoping I could backtrack it from the HMI if I knew what bit it was getting its input/info from. THe program is logix 5000 ( not my best program)

Even if you have a runtime only license, you might get lucky and find the tag database has been exported and still resides in the RSView project folder. Look for a .csv file.

Also, you might be able to run the legacy tag import and export wizard as if you were going to upgrade to FTView Studio. This will only help you if the tag or its accompanying description is named in a useful manner.

You may also still be able to download the RSView Project Documentor from Rockwell which will allow you to cross reference tags across the whole project. It can also be useful for finding orphaned or unused components and tidying up old and bloated RSView systems. If you have works then it is probably already installed in the Tools section.