How to connect RSLogix 1000 with PC

Hiroshi

I have PLC RSLogix 1000 Allen Bradley and a cable for connect PLC and PC.

Becuase have no software for make the programa, I have downloaded a software as follows.

RSLinx Lite software - needed for online programming

But I could not connect as shown the image attatched.
Please let me know my wrong cinfiguration of the commmunication.

2015-7-13-8.JPG

imagen

Last edited:
edit: Oh, I think you were referring to MicroLogix 1000? Can you type the text of the error and describe what you see in the image. I'm not much of an unknown link clicker from a first time poster. No offense. (maybe someone is more bold than I)

Last edited:
Thanks

edit: Oh, I think you were referring to MicroLogix 1000? Can you type the text of the error and describe what you see in the image. I'm not much of an unknown link clicker from a first time poster. No offense. (maybe someone is more bold than I)

Hi thanks.

Yes I am referring MicroLogix 1000.
There in no error message,but in the windows of the comunication, at left appears AB_DF1-1 and no appears nothing.

Just be clear on what you have and what does what.

Your cable should be a 1761-CBL-PM02 or equivalent.

If your computer has a real serial port then this is a straight connection.

If not, then you need a suitable USB to Serial adapter to attach to the above cable.

RSLinx Classic Lite is just a communication tool. It will establish a connection to the controller through the AB_DF1-1 driver which you appear to have created. This will allow you to go online with controllers and perform an Upload or Download of programs via the programming software.

The RSLogix Micro Starter Lite software is the free programming software for the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 controllers.

Note Well: For Allen Bradley controllers...

When you perform a "Download", this is sending a copy of the program from your computer to the controller memory.

When you perform an "Upload", this is receiving a copy of the program from the controller memory to your computer.

Regards,
George

Hi thanks.

You are right.

I think my PC have real serial port y connect with straight connection.

I will try again next morning.

Thanks again