1747-L541 can't download project with FBC instruction

Lunatech

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have (2) L541 5/04 PLCs in the plant and up until 3 days ago they were fine. I replaced the battery in one of them and had to reload the project. When I attempted to download, it failed with errors - ERROR: FBC instruction is not valid on the currently selected processor!-> 1747-L541 5/04CPU - 16K Mem. OS401. Both of the SLCs have FBC instructions in the ladder file and have for several years. I am running linx 3.51.01 CPR 9 SR 5.1 and Logix 500 9.00.00 (CPR9). Has anyone seen this anomaly? Any help greatly appreciated!

Make sure the firmware level of the L541 matches the RSLogix configuration.

I seem to remember running into something similar in an older version.

Problem Resolved

The L541 does not support FBC Instructions, but the L541C does. The selected controller in the properties tab was L541 (not C) it must have been changed at some point. I changed it to an L541C in the offline file, put the FBC Instruction back in the logic and was able to download with no errors.