Logic question

Cowboy12

I have 1 level float switch that is normally closed when in position without liquid level. I want to use the switch to control my sparge level around 1" above my grain bed, the switch is set-up to be adjusted vertically as needed. Example: switch closed - pump cuts on and runs 10 - 15 seconds after level switch is open - Pump cuts off - Pump will stay off until level switch is closed again. The mash tank will be draining at a real low rate so 10 - 15 seconds of run time will be plenty to make up the liquid lost while pump is not running I will adjust during water batching. I have tested several ideas and all have failed. I'm just learning to program this PLC as I'm building a somewhat automated home brewery - (Hobby)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

I am not familiar with this PLC, but here is one way to do it with an Allen Bradley 1400.
Maybe it will give you some ideas to use on your platform.

EDIT: Sorry about the mistake and the delay, I got called out for a problem.
This version is what you are looking for.

BCS

Motor Delay Logic.jpg

Last edited:
I am not familiar with this PLC, but here is one way to do it with an Allen Bradley 1400.
Maybe it will give you some ideas to use on your platform.

EDIT: Sorry about the mistake and the delay, I got called out for a problem.
This version is what you are looking for.

BCS

Worked like a charm thanks for taking the time to help me with this issue. I have attached a screen shot of the ladder logic. M4000 is my control coil for this step. Thanks again.

Level Switch Logic.jpg

Your welcome, glad to help.

Good Luck with your project and send us some beer when your batch is done.

BCS

Thanks and I will see what I can do on the brew. Shouldn't be long now, I hope to be running water batches in < 1 month. I have been building for almost a year now. I have learned so much over the course of this project and learning each day thanks to people like you.

Thanks,

David

I just noticed I didn't need the second M4000 coil I could have connected it to the one above.