Dosing logic

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a project that was handed off to me yesterday and I need the logic and HMI window built by Monday morning! I have a few questions to make sure I'm on the right track before I get started.

What is need on the HMI -

Input for total amount of gallons to dose ____ Gal
Input for total time frame to dose ____ Hrs
Input for time increments to dose ____ Mins

For an example, 25 gallons in a 20 hour time frame and dose in 30 min increments.

Total gallons/(total time/time increments) = gallons to dose @ each increment correct?

I would just need a TON instruction to restart after each increment to restart the process until the total gallons are accumulated?

Thanks.

From your example figures, how will you dose 25/40=0.625 gallons at each 30 minute interval?

With a flow sensor and accumulation logic.

This is a trickle dosing concept. Basically predicting the tank is going to need x amount of gallons over the course of x amount of hours to maintain the correct concentration %