PVP Versions

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.
Just a quick question about version stuff in FTV ME and PVP.
Last night I had a PVP1000 fail. Part no. 2711P-RDT10C ser. B rev. B.
It had a project inside that was done in V4. My FTV ME software is now at V8.
So for simplicity sake and getting the machine running again, I used a run time file in the new PVP1000 as V4. With this new PV could I use the old V4 project (that is now V8 since opening in new software) and create a run time file as V8? (New PVP1000 2711P-T10C4D8 ser. A.)
I have not played around with version stuff as I normally just keep my run time files the same forever, Will I run in to trouble this way? Should I always be bringing my runtime files up to current V8 as I install new PV stations?

Thanks

Hey all.
Just a quick question about version stuff in FTV ME and PVP.
Last night I had a PVP1000 fail. Part no. 2711P-RDT10C ser. B rev. B.
It had a project inside that was done in V4. My FTV ME software is now at V8.
So for simplicity sake and getting the machine running again, I used a run time file in the new PVP1000 as V4. With this new PV could I use the old V4 project (that is now V8 since opening in new software) and create a run time file as V8? (New PVP1000 2711P-T10C4D8 ser. A.)
I have not played around with version stuff as I normally just keep my run time files the same forever, Will I run in to trouble this way? Should I always be bringing my runtime files up to current V8 as I install new PV stations?

Thanks

Yes, so long as the F/W on the PVP is at version 8.

agreed it will be fine, but if you want any functionally of the new versions, why not just flash it up, and make correct runtime.