Tri-PLC

JRoss

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anybody ever used a Tri-PLC? (triplc.com) Not my normal cup of tea, but I have an application that needs to use an IR sensor array that talks IIC, which is usually used in embedded systems. Since I don't do embedded systems, I tried to find a PLC that could handle IIC. Tri-PLC seems to be the only one, and even they don't sell the IIC module from their website, only by phone. But their tech support says their system can handle my application. The cost is low, so I'll probably give it a whirl.

If anybody out there has any words of wisdom about Tri-PLC, I'd like to hear it!

its no AB, but it works. Does the job. I needed it for a very cost effective project with some minor controls. I used it because I needed multiple forms of unconventional comms. It worked well.

Tried it. Easy enough to program. Inexpensive. It worked. Not upper end but that's not what it's sold as.

I used them about 10 years ago for a job involving stepper motors. The software was basic and there was very limited display and input options at the time (may have changed). But despite being cheap it has been very reliable (no problems whatsoever)

Yes they work, cheap yes, I think the most expensive model was around $500 a few years ago. Embedded and not brick type, once installed I have never had any problems with them. Haven't used them in a few years though.