Multiple data sampling

aliplc1

I am using 15 history data display objects (event trigger) to display 15 different data then I used the backup object in order to save each one of them on CVS files ,when I did that it save each single data display object into excel file individually.

What I am trying to do now is instead of saving 15 separate CVS files, I want to save all these 15 data into one CVS file.

So is it possible for one data sampling object to sample 15 data ? so it automatically stores on one CVS file using one backup object

Or is there any other way to merge the created 15 CVS files into one file on the HMI ? So it stores on one CVS file using backup object

I am using HMI 5150XL maple and Ezware plus software

Search help file for - Data Sampling Item
choose the topic HIDD_SETDATSAMPLE you'll see this note
When creating a Data Sample for use with a multi-pen Trend object, use the Data Format button to configure the data for each of the trend's pens. Each additional item in the Data Format list will use the next consecutive address from the Read Address specified above.

I believe this will work although I have not tested. I have used the History object the same way way you described but, that was what I needed. Separate files

multiple data sampling

It worked out this way but since i have 15 data to sample and each one of them consists of 4 channels ((so i will be having 60 channels horizontally)) it is kind of messy excel file! is there a way to stack the channels vertically instead of horizontally. for easy description i want to see this:

ch1 ch2 ch3 ch4 (channels)
x1 x2 x3 x4 (data)

ch5 ch6 ch7 ch8
x5 x6 x7 x8

ch9 ch10 ch11 ch12
x9 x10 x11 x12
ch57 ch58 ch59 ch60
x57 x58 x59 x60

instead of:

ch1 ch2 ch3 ...............................................ch60
x1 x2 x3 ................................................x60

again, this data needs to be on one data sampling object or one cvs file .please help !

Thank you for your time,

Last edited:
The only way I know to get the format you want is to use excel. You could do this by opening a new file and your csv file. In your excel file insert the = sign then go to the csv file and select the cell you want to display and hit enter. The only thing is if you are taking multiple samples then additional samples would be put in additional rows. It only starts a new record each day. Also I believe you may need both files open for data to be populated in the excel file.

multiple data sampling

Is there any other suggestion to do what I want on the HMI? Because what the company wants to see on the Excel file a list of the data without any modifications because the file might be with someone who is not familiar with Excel ,so he only needs data list .

So not necessarily data sampling object ! any other way please?

Thank you,