PanelviewPlus 1000 Firmware v4 Compatibilities

MTN

PLC Members,

I’m working with a PVPlus1000 which is currently flashed with firmware 4.0. Since it’s an older panelview it cannot be flashed to a firmware any higher than 5.1 based on what I've researched online (Please correct me if I'm wrong). The project was programmed in Factory View 4.0 also which can only be run on a 32 bit system. To solve this issue I used the legacy conversion tool to open the project in FactoryTalk V8.0. I then created a runtime in the corresponding firmware version of the PVplus1000 (v4.0).

So my question is once I create a runtime for V4.0 will this be compatible in the PanelviewPlus1000 even though it now been converted in FactoryTalk version 8?

Thanks in advance!

Marc

So my question is once I create a runtime for V4.0 will this be compatible in the PanelviewPlus1000 even though it now been converted in FactoryTalk version 8?

Marc,

I recently did the same thing. Using FactoryTalk v8.0 I modified a project and created a runtime file for V5.10 It was the first time I had done it and was a little nervous but it worked perfectly. Zero problems! (y)

Regards,
Robert