Terminal Block with Logic?

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Are there any terminal blocks on the market with built in logic such as AND / OR ?

Example, two sensors hook up to an 'AND' block and the block only outputs a signal if both sensors are on?

Nothing that I've heard of. I'd look into smart relays as they may be of some use. For example, the Schneider Zelio line.

I have never seen "terminal blocks" with logic, but two slimline relays are not much bigger than feed thru terminals, and they could make your proposed AND

Or you could just wire your two sensors in series...

This will work if the output of sensor 1 can supply the correct voltage and current to power sensor 2.
However, it's confusing for some people to see sensor 2 has no power (unless sensor 1 is made)

Use a couple of relays. Just wire up the contacts of two relays in series to your output and your inputs drive the individual coils.

It always amazed me that there are no "smart" terminal block strips.
Terminal Strip to Terminal strip on Ethernet, with power supplied to each strip.
TB1 on main Terminal Strip turns on TB1 on extended strip.
Like a very simple smart relay with extended input/output terminals.

Last edited:
It always amazed me that there are no "smart" terminal block strips.
Terminal Strip to Terminal strip on Ethernet, with power supplied to each strip.
TB1 on main Terminal Strip turns on TB1 on extended strip.
Like a very simple smart relay with extended input/output terminals.

Phoenix does.
The Programmable logic relay system.
Not a flashy name, but it is what you describe.
Search 52005426