FTVS-ME 8.0 Tag browser question

bright676

How come when I do a tag import from .RSS file the only thing that shows up are the status bits?

What did I miss? Thank you.

If you click on "Offline" you should see the tags show up on the right pane. I have made this mistake myself a couple times.

try this
attachment.php

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure you have a Offline Tag File (PLC file) linked in RSL Enterprise to this project?

This is what my tag browser looks like when I don't have a offline file set up in RSLE. Maybe post a screen shot of your RSLogix Enterprise set up.

FYI: If you use the Windows Snipping Tool you can post bigger and more detailed screen shots. That is what I use.

Tag Browser2.jpg

The pics you posted didn't show it but do you have a .RSS file linked to the project in RSLE? Is should be linked in the Offline Tag file. See the bottom of my snap.

RSLE Capture.jpg

FactoryTalk View Studio does not integrate as closely with SLC-500, MicroLogix, or PLC-5 projects as it does with ControlLogix and CompactLogix.

There will be no "Offline" folder in the FTView Studio tag browser for an SLC-500, MicroLogix, or PLC-5 controller. FactoryTalk Studio cannot browse the *.RSS or *.RSP files like it can the *.ACD files, so you cannot link the FTView Studio tag browser to an SLC-500, MicroLogix, or PLC-5 project file.