When are parentheses required FTVS expressions?

JZerb

title says it all. at what point in time are ( ) required when writing expressions in FTVS? is it only when you want to 'look' at things it groups.

ex. (tagA>2 and tagB>4) or (tagC<5 and tagD<8)

written as above tags A,B both need to be greater then 2 and 4 respectively OR tags C,D need to be less then 5 and 8 respectively. then the expression would evaluate as TRUE. what if the parentheses are removed, would it still look at the expression in the same manner?

Apparently and has a higher precedence to or.
Comparisons are even lower than and and or

Examples: Evaluation order
For these examples, tag1 = 5, tag2 = 7, and tag3 = 10.
2. tag1 < tag3 = 1
3. 0 AND 1 = 0
The expression evaluates to 0 (false).
2. tag1 > 1 = 1
The expression evaluates to 1 (true).
2. 0 AND tag2 = 0
3. tag3 ** 2 = 100
4. 0 > 100 = 0
The expression evaluates to 0 (false).