GE FANUC 9030 - LogicMaster90 - Error : Handheld Programmer Required

bbbb

Hello everyone,

We are trying to upgrade a GE FANUC 9030 PLC, but we are having trouble extracting the program from it.

LogicMaster90 is able to upload it, but cannot read the program. The error says 'Incomplete rung - use HHP'.

According to one of my colleagues, you were able to make incomplete rungs with the handheld programmer. This became illegal in the later software, which is why it refuses to read/edit such a program.

By any chance, does someone here have this handheld programmer? Or maybe some trick to read the PDT file from LogicMaster90 in another way?

Last edited:
I still have a 90-30 handheld.

If you can send me the entire Logicmaster project folder I'll see if I can download it to a 90-30 and take a look. Let me know what CPU it came from. Send me a PM through this site and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks, I have sent you the LM90 folder in mail.

I think it is only the '_MAIN.PDT' that has this incomplete rung, the subroutines seem to be fine. Hopefully this is the only problem.

I can only remember using my 90-30 handheld to look at a program in the PLC twice in the last twenty five years, but I think I manged to recover bbbb's program, or at least most of it. Occasionally some of that old stuff you can't bear to throw away comes in handy.

Thanks a lot for fixing the program! I have no idea what was in the original MAIN.PDT but it looks good. Out of curiosity, what did you have to do with the handheld programmer?

Importing the LM90 folder in Machine Edition doesn't seem to work properly, it imports the hardware config but not the logic. Doing an import into VersaPro does seem to work though.

With the handheld I could step through the program, instruction by instruction until it came to a bad opcode which I noted and continued. I had to write out the logic and reenter it into a new Logicmaster project which I then downloaded. Fortunately, only the -MAIN program was corrupted and not the three subroutines. And the bulk of the logic is in the subroutines.
After my attempt to import the Logicmaster project into Machine Edition failed, I never thought to try to import into Versa Pro.

Oh okay, that's more than I was expecting. I thought it would just be correcting the illegal instruction with the handheld, but the whole MAIN had to be rewritten (luckily it's not too big).

Hopefully it works. There isn't any documentation of the machine so reprogramming it from scratch will probably be a real headache.

Yes the original unmodified version cannot be imported in either Machine Edition or VersaPro, but your modified version can be in VersaPro.

Thanks again!