E300 Programmable Settings

Joshua37

Hello folks,

I'm using a AB E300 Overload Relay for a few motors that I'm suppose to integrate with my CLX-L71. I've been able to successfully configure, communicate and create the tag database in RSLogix 5000 using the AOP.

The trouble scoop is the flexibility in trip settings(or I haven't figured it out)-

The overload algorithm of the relay trips the motor based on the parameter 'PercentTCU' which ranges between 0-100%(fixed). The two parameters affecting its value are FLA(Full Load Ampere) and TripClass [as shown in fig.] which are programmable as per the user manual.

The issue that I am facing is that I am not able to run the motor above 100% load if needed as I can't change the PercentTCU limit as the trip limit is set to 100%. FLA and TripClass are programmable but need a download every time a change in load percent is needed either in the module property or the tags.

Is it possible to change the FLA values while online or to change the PercentTCU Limit ?? Or Am I missing something ??

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hello folks,

I'm using a AB E300 Overload Relay for a few motors that I'm suppose to integrate with my CLX-L71. I've been able to successfully configure, communicate and create the tag database in RSLogix 5000 using the AOP.

The trouble scoop is the flexibility in trip settings(or I haven't figured it out)-

The overload algorithm of the relay trips the motor based on the parameter 'PercentTCU' which ranges between 0-100%(fixed). The two parameters affecting its value are FLA(Full Load Ampere) and TripClass [as shown in fig.] which are programmable as per the user manual.

The issue that I am facing is that I am not able to run the motor above 100% load if needed as I can't change the PercentTCU limit as the trip limit is set to 100%. FLA and TripClass are programmable but need a download every time a change in load percent is needed either in the module property or the tags.

Is it possible to change the FLA values while online or to change the PercentTCU Limit ?? Or Am I missing something ??

TCU stands for Thermal Capacity Used, so when you have used 100% of the thermal CAPACITY of the motor, it trips, because... there is no more than 100%!

So that does NOT mean 100% of the RATING of the motor, that is different.

TCU stands for Thermal Capacity Used, so when you have used 100% of the thermal CAPACITY of the motor, it trips, because... there is no more than 100%!

So that does NOT mean 100% of the RATING of the motor, that is different.

Thanks.
And yes, I get the fact that TCU Percent can not be greater than 100. But I want to know if can control it with the Motor FLA value without downloading the program everytime.