Vb.net 2015 and opc

achille

Hello everybody

i must develop an application with vb.net wich will communicate with opc server ( rslinx or kepserver ) have anyone already try it or have the code for that

thanks

So here are a couple options:

1) Use an OPC server which can be complicated to program and will cost for every run time. You can see an example of what it takes to read a value here in this thread:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=97862

2) You can use AdvancedHMI, which is a Visual Studio solution, that has a native driver for the ML1100, only requires one line of code to read a value, is much faster, and does not require a run time license nor a development license. Here is a quick example of how to read a value in code:

Dim value as string=EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1.Read("N11:0")

Depending on what your objective is, you can build complete HMI's without writing any code. The fully functional base package is completely free.

HI archie

thanks a lot,i downloaded advancedhmi and its working perfectly with the driver Ethernetipforslcmicrocom1.

have you any idea about communication using schnedeir modicon m340 plc ??