GE Quickview Panel "Fill Zeros"

dobidust

Hi Guys

Can someone point me in the direction of the fill zeros function on the HMI ? what I want to do is make the trailing zeros invisible when the data permits.

Cheers

Drew

No way that I know of to suppress 'trailing' zeros. You can get rid of them by dividing your number by what ever it takes, such as.
Your number is 33000, you can to get rid of the 3 trailing zeros by dividing by 1000.

The "Fill zeroes" parameter should be false. When false, the placeholder will be the "$" character instead of the "#" character.

Standard nomenclature for the zeroes you want to suppress is "leading zeroes". When you asked to suppress "trailing zeroes", you confused us.

Last edited:
Just a guess but maybe where your format says "4 2" (don't know if it means 4.2) change it to "0 2" - I think maybe the "4" is forcing the left of decimal to pad with zero's to 4 places.

100% is maximum value?.. If is, you need just 3 , 2 formating..That formating means 3 digits before a 2 digits after comma. I use Ge Proficy Machine Edition 8.6. That option "fill zeroes" is option of "Numeric Data Display"..I try it and it works. If you want display that value in TextObject, probably there is no way to do it simply. Maybe you must use some covering obects and set their visibility acording your needs.

Bez názvu1.jpg

You are both correct for 'Leading' zeros.
For Customized Data Displays the Online help says:
Steve:
Placeholder charactersValue animation on text objects with text that consists of # or $ characters will replace those characters with the value of the associated variable:

• Use $ characters to precede the value with empty space, even if there are more $ characters than there are digits or characters in the calculated value.
  • Use # characters to precede the value with 0 numerals.
For example, text consisting of "#####" with value animation of an expression whose value is 35 would be displayed as "00035".
Other characters can precede the placeholders, as long as those preceding characters do not contain other placeholder characters. For example, text consisting of "Temperature: ###.## degrees" would display a value of 26.3 as "Temperature: 026.30 degrees".
You could also display specific messages that are associated with specific numeric values. For details, see Message animation below.
JohanM:

For the 'Dynamic' & 'Interactive' Tools of the original QuickPanel all parameters are listed for easy and "Quick" use.

The new QuickPanels especially the latest QuickPanel+ can still be "Quick" but they are also Very Powerful, if one uses the tools available.