AB vfd software

francisedetz

Hi Guys, am kind of new to the forums, and its been interesting read a couple of threads here.
Well, I need help understanding if there's a software for Allen Bradley VFD (SERIES C)? And if there is, where can I get a free version to download?

Thanks!
Francis.

And if it is not the newer drives with built in ethernet you will most likely need a 1203-USB to connect to the drives, you can also use Drive Explorer, it is free but no longer supported, CCW is a big download partley because you are downloading all the manuals for all the drives and micro PLC's and Component PanelViews.

Alan

Again, "SERIES C" means nothing, all AB drives have different "series" numbers as they age and features are added or bugs fixed. You need to be more specific.

Connected Component Workbench (CCW) is the new free downloadable software package for programming all CURRENT drive products, i.e. anything that says "PowerFlex". But CCW does not support older OBSOLETE drive products. So if you have a 160, 1305 or 1336 drive, you need Drives Explorer.

Drives Explorer is still available, it is not free, and it is not being updated with new drive product lines going forward, but it is the only thing that talks to the older obsolete drives.

Drive Explorer software is available from here for free
http://www.ab.com/linked/drives/driveexplorer/free_download.html

but be aware you can only work online with it if you save the file you cannot open it offline.

Drive Tools SP which combines Drive Executive and Drive Observer cost but can still be bought either combined or separately, Drive Executive offers online and offline access for all AB drives that support scanport etc, this should include all 1336, 1305 and all the PowerFlex range from the smallest to the largest.

As mentioned before CCW will only support the PowerFlex range of drives

Alan

Along with which model number drive you're using, which Windows operating system you're running is also a factor. If you're running Windows XP, I'd recommend Drive Explorer as long as it's an older drive series. CCW is recommended for Windows 7 & above.

Along with which model number drive you're using, which Windows operating system you're running is also a factor. If you're running Windows XP, I'd recommend Drive Explorer as long as it's an older drive series. CCW is recommended for Windows 7 & above.
You can use CCW up to version 4.0 on WinXP, for what it's worth. that might be missing some drives and features released after 4.0 came out, but if the drives are older than that anyway, it wouldn't matter.