Twido Schneider Electric connection fault.

allovaro

Hello, I have a Schneider PLC Twido TWDLCDA24DRF, and I need to change some parametres. I have RS-485 converter and made connection cable by myself. But I can't to esteblish connection with PLC. In modbus driver in Runtime table i see how Frames sent and Checksum Errors increase and Twido Suit 2.31.04 have error:
"Communication error. Check the Modbus Driver parametres, controller connections or power supply."
Pin-out of cable at miniDIN8: 1 - A, 2 - B and 7 - GND.
My communication parametres: speed 19200, 1 stop bit, Parity - None, 8 bit, 5000ms TimeOut.
What I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
Buy a Schneider cable - they work. Also are your serial interface settings the same as the PLC? They may have been changed in the PLC.

So are what software are you trying to connect with? You should use twidosuite which is a free sfotware you can download off the web.

Buy a Schneider cable - they work. Also are your serial interface settings the same as the PLC? They may have been changed in the PLC.

For only one PLC for one change in program it's to expensive to buy this original cable, and delivery is to long. As I guess it's true settings, because only with this parametres I see in modbus driver runtime table checksum errors. With different ones only timeout errors.

So are what software are you trying to connect with? You should use twidosuite which is a free sfotware you can download off the web.

Yes I use Twido Suit 2.31.04 in monitoring mode at first. Do I need to connect 5 pin in miniDIN8 or not? Do you know? Thank you.

Try to connect pin number 5 to GND.
Please check the attached picture.

Yeah, thank you I saw this picture and tryed it. It doesn't work. It seems I understand why nothing works. Because my RS485 convertor is 4-wired and can't work in 2-wired way. Going to looking for right convertor...