New to Click PLCs

amm

Hello, I was hoping I could ask for some help regarding a program I am trying to get running.

My PLC programming skills are limited and even those ones are rusty. My automation tech is out on leave and I need to get this test running on an old test station.

I am having a hard time with an Automation Direct Click PLC.

I have the program written to the PLC. However, I have some how missed the bigger picture. Because when I run the PLC, it only cycles once and I can't seem to get the TMRs to reset when I would like.

The Basic Flow is very simple Open Door1, Open Door2, Close Door1, Close door2, and Repeat, with enough delay in between each step to allow the doors to open.

In regards to my outputs, the valve supplying the Cylinder1 for Door1 is normally Retracting and only Extending when Y001 is energized. The cylinder for Door2 has Y003 as Open and Y002 as Closed.

Any help would be more welcome.

Thanks
AMM

I can't find any place where C10 (sequence complete) is set. As an aside, I'd look into the DRUM instruction, it could make this easier.

Looks like you need to add the following line at the end of your program. As Doug-P mentioned there is no where that C10 is set.

|
|
| T2 CT1 C10
|----] [------]\[---------------(SET)
|

This will stay running until your counter counts out.

Thank you both, Doug-P and Rockfordmfg, for the help. I did miss that I never bothered to set C10. With that bit of help I eventually managed my way through it.

I will look into the DRUM instruction, as it sounds vaguely familiar.
I haven't done any real ladder logic creation since college quite a while back.

Thanks Again.

Last edited:
Thanks yet one more time Doug-P you were very kind to send me to the DRUM instruction.
I was originally just trying to work with Ladder logic that was in the PLC and that was a big waste of time.

After I got the unholy mess I wrote to finally work, I had a few minutes and knocked out a much easier to understand project with One DRUM and Two TMRs.

After I got the unholy mess I wrote to finally work, I had a few minutes and knocked out a much easier to understand project with One DRUM and Two TMRs.
:site:

Good deal! I like the A-D drum instruction because it's so easy to set up with the visual layout.