Click Plus PLCs

Mueller34

Just a comment for those looking for quicker solutions in todays market. We had a machine go down because the older direct logic plc that was in it died. My options were to contact the orignal programmer to get a copy of the program or a PLC with the program loaded, or get a new PLC and write new code. The programmer would have happily supplied the program, but the PLC was out until January, he figured October at the earliest. I checked on AutomationDirect and saw the same, plus I would have to buy DirectSoft ($400). So I looked at getting a micro 820 (2080-LC20-20QWB) for about $800 that had a one month lead time, not bad in todays market. However, we wanted this machine to be running again ASAP as it essential to our business. I looked at AutomationDirect again and went ahead and got a Click Plus. The software was free, all products were delivered in 2 days and it only cost around $300. I will say this machine has a fairly basic operation with no hmi, and only uses discrete I/O, no analog, but the Click Plus has impressed me. Software had a learning curve but was fairly simply to use (it is missing structured text if that's something your looking for), and connecting to the PLC was a breeze just need a usb to usb b cable. Between cost, delivery, and ease of use just thought I would give them a little plug on this forum as I know many of you are dealing with the constricting market supply.

Components used:
C2-01CPU-2
(2) C2-14DR
C0-00AC

Gave me 16 sink/sourcing 24vdc inputs and 12 relay outputs @ 1A.

If you have other thoughts let me know. I am considering getting a Productivity 2000 to **** around with in the shop as I am eyeing up some larger projects.

🍻

Eli

I've installed a few clicks recently, talking ModBUS TCP to Ignition. Good value for money.

Regarding the productivity, there isn't much difference between the 1K, 2K, 3K - as you go up you can get much higher IO. However, I was looking at a productivity using a serial barcode scanner, and the 1K range didn't have great expansion card options for that.

I got a 1K for my R&D wall, the software has a simulator and you can define your Modbus address ranges, unlike the Click that are automatically assigned.