how is CLICK PLUS PLC?

az_

Dear All

My customer want us to setup a new plant automation with IoT capability. We are inclined to go with CLICK PLUS PLC as it supports MQTT that can publish data to local MQTT broker. We can setup a local on-premise MQTT server and eventually can push data to Cloud. Need some information if you have any experience with CLICK PLUS PLC.

Thank You in Advance.
Regards

The Click is inexpensive enough that I suggest you purchase one and make sure it can do everything you need it to do. My experience with AD products is that you sometimes make assumptions about capabilities based on the advertising copy for the product line, and the actual capabilities don't always live up to expectations.

The Click is inexpensive enough that I suggest you purchase one and make sure it can do everything you need it to do. My experience with AD products is that you sometimes make assumptions about capabilities based on the advertising copy for the product line, and the actual capabilities don't always live up to expectations.

Thank you Steve for the inputs. I'm doing some research about PLCs that provide inbuilt MQTT connectivity, as I want to avoid additional OPC UA route. Need to push data to Cloud. Do you know if any well established PLC manufacturer provide built in MQTT capability?

We have successfully used a bunch of Click Plus PLCs and I really like them. Only a couple of them are using MQTT functionality, but they work fine.

One thing you can do is download the software for the Click and try it out, its free. You can see the instruction set. It does not have as many instructions as other PLC's but I have used them for a few projects and they have worked well.

Mike

The Click is a fine PLC for what it. It's rugged and reliable. It's price point is hard to beat (although they have risen considerably the last few years, but it is what it is). The MQTT functions work fine, although limited. Instruction set works fine, although limited.

The BRX lineup, also by Automation Direct, is fully featured, and of course has much more flexibility in MQTT features. You can write your own strings, etc to pack the payload as you see fit. It is more money than the Click, but if the project requires advanced control or communication capabilities, the BRX is hard to beat.