PLC-5 DH+ read from CLX

(8{)} ( .)

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I'm trying to get my PLC-5 to read from a ControlLogix over DH+. I've configured mapping for a single array 50 INTs long. On the PLC-5 side I've programmed a message to read (PLC-5 typed read) from the designated file number (32 in the Controllogix map, N32 in the PLC message) and I get the following error message:

illegal command from local processor
Error code 1000 Hex

The CLX is able to read from the PLC-5 just not the other way around.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Yosi

Greetings Yosi ...

just a quick thought ...

when you set up the DH+ node address did you use an OCTAL or a DECIMAL address? ... if I remember correctly, there's some sort of trickery required to make the magic happen ...

DISCLAIMER: it's been years since I've tinkered with this type of operation ... I'll check my notes when I get up to the lab later today and see if I can come up with anything useful ...

good luck with it ...

Hi Ron. Been a while.

No, that's not the issue. The destination address is 1. As I said, the CLX reads the PLC-5 just fine.

Thanks!

Yosi

Check the Default Slot Number in the DHRIO configuration in RSLinx.

Generally it is set to deliver Local DH+ messages to the controller in Slot 0, but it might have been changed.

Thanks Ken. Great to hear from you.

No, we checked that already. The current message is "Illegal command from local processor" with an error code of 16#1000. This should be a no-brainer...

Thank and regards,

Yosi

Hi Ken,

You were right and I was wrong. The value we checked was not the correct one.

Thanks and regards,

Yosi