? for anyone familiar with GE S2K series controllers

jcraft

Hello,

Hoping there is someone out there knowledgeable with GE S2K series motion controllers. The actual model is an IC800SSI104D2-DE. It is integrated into a GE Versamax system. Trying to determine if the controller is bad. The machine it is in has been used over the last several days and was powered down last night. Upon startup, The display window on the controller is registering a DT code and a EC code both of which have to do with controller overtemp. This occurred when the machine was just powered up before even running it. Looking at the S2K manual it looks like when a fault code come in it is stored in the controller until reset. Looking at the schematics for the controller and program doesn't look like there is anything that clears the fault. Looking at the schematic there is only an enable wire coming in and other discrete I/O to make the controller run. It also looks like from the manual that possibly the faults are cleared when the drive is enabled if the conditions are correct. When we power the drive down and back up the display registers a Power failure alarm and then an LE alarm which is loss of enable and then the DT and EC faults. Upon Enabling the drive, we lose the LE code which means the drive is most likely enabling however, the DT and EC faults do not clear. I am wondering if possibly the drive could be damaged due to an overtemp condition that occurred. I see know other way to clear the faults unless we tried to hookup via the controller software which is older and not sure if we have it, and physically poke around to clear. Was hoping someone can confirm if the faults should clear if the drive is in fact enabling. Thx