Anyone here familiar with ABB Drivewindow Light 2?

hatrabbit

I installed Drivewindow Light 2 v.2.92 and am having trouble getting fully connected to an ABB ACH 550 drive. I made an adapter following this diagram:

ABB_cable.png

When I connect, the program knows there is a drive connected and I get the dialog, "Creating parameter groups". But then an error pops up as follows:

Error occurred while identifying drive
Following error occurred while identifying drive
CRC error
Could not identify drive. Check the connections and communication settings.

I tried auto and manual connection settings, so far without success. Any advice on what to try next? Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

I only deal with ACS (Industrial) drives but ACH (HVAC drive) should be the same?
That is the correct pin-out.
How long is your cable? (This is RS-232 so keep it short and away from motor cables.)
Is it a good quality cable? (I typically use CAT 5 or better)
See Chapter 8 of the manual for proper port settings.

Thanks for the reply, RussB. I was originally wondering if I had the pinout correct, but when you confirmed that I started swapping out cables. As a last resort I bought a new usb - rs232 adapter, and that did the trick. It's connecting fine now.

ABB recommends using an Edgeport USB to serial adapter. It is a little pricey, but it is the only one that has never given me any trouble using DriveStudio or DrivewindowLight. I have a few other brands that mostly work, but can't do the firmware updates.