Help with NAIS FP1 programming

PLCRookie

I have a NAIS FP1-C40 that has been pulled from storage after many years. Needless to say that the battery is dead, no program. I called the OEM, and all I could get were 5 diskettes (3.5)and a "good luck". It appears that I will (obviously)need to get a new battery, as well as a programming cable, but I am unsure as to what type of cable is needed. I have been to the Panasonic web site, and it seems that I will need a 232-422 converter to hook my laptop to the PLC. There is also another cable mentioned, to go to the "tool" port. I have FPSoft V1.06B. Will this software run under XP? Any help greatly appreciated
🍻

http://pewa.panasonic.com/acsd/tech/cad/cad_PLC.html#fp1

Above link has all software you might need. You will also need two cables - one is AFP8550 RS422/232 adapter, the other connects to the tool port as you mentioned. I tried making one, but ended up ordering.

I'm using FPWINGR V2.4, communicating with an FP1-C40. That works fine. The problem I am having is communicating with an expansion unit FP1-E40. I have tried several variations of allocating addresses, but cannot find any docs instructing on this. Seems NAIS is related to AB in the "too much information, not enough useful data" department.

Let me know if you need any more help on this.

Jimmy
PS - anyone know how to allocate addresses that E40?

Thanks for the replies. I used the free downloader software for the PLC program, everything OK. Now for the dead HMI................. Thanks for all the replies
🔨 🔨🔨 🔨 🔨

NAIS FP1-C14 Programming Cable Pinout diagram

Dear All,
Anybody have the the Pinout diagram for NAIS FP1-C14 Programming cable?
I have learned that its RS422 Communication to program the PLC. I have RS232 to 4wire RS422 Converter that I use to program Mutsubishi PLC.
Waiting for help from any one.
Thanks in advence.
Mannan,
Chittagong, Bangladesh

Dear all,
I deal with a NAIS FP1-C40, which was powered off for 4 months, with the 3V battery dead.
Obviously, when powering back, we lost the dedicated program. We have no suport from the installer or manufacturer, and any of the links mentioned above are still active.
Would someone could provide:
- the FPWINGR V2.4 software
-the wiring for the RS232 cable?

Many thanks for any helper :) :) :)
Email available for Wetransfer if needed.

Bertrand