Intouch V10 Momentary button with Windows 10 Touch Screen

jonney

I have a Window with few Pushbuttons set as Direct. There's no problem using mouse clicking. But on touch screen monitor, the button behavior is different between mouse and finger touch. My finger have to touch and MOVE a bit to activate the button. My expectation is that my finger touch then get momentary response. Any Work around on intouch side or Windows 10 side?

FYI, wonderware had an article, but I am not sure whether it matchs my matter.

https://knowledge.insourcess.com/Wo...ows_10_Touch_Screen_computers_such_as_Surface

Last edited:
Really basic suggestion here but have you tried to recalibrate the touch screen? I don’t know your hardware but I’ve never seen a touch screen that couldn’t be recalibrated.

Really basic suggestion here but have you tried to recalibrate the touch screen? I don’t know your hardware but I’ve never seen a touch screen that couldn’t be recalibrated.
I don't think the calibration solve the problem. Have you read the article?

I have done few tests on different PC with different touch screen. The problem remains the same.
I found ONLY the push button's Action set as Direct got such problem. Others Action such Toggle/Reset/Set have immediate response. I have to hold and move few mm then the button got response.

I write the script on Pushbutton's Action:

On Left Click/Key Down: tag=1
On Left Click/Key Up: tag =0

The problem remain the same either PLC on line or offline. I think it is Wonderview's native problem on Left Click with touch screen.

Possible reason is that view.exe is mess with "On Left Click" and "On Left/Key Up" with touch screen.

Last edited:
Use a different touch screen driver then the one that comes standard with Windows. There undoubtedly is one that will work with your screen, and they provide much better features and control then the default windows one.

Use a different touch screen driver then the one that comes standard with Windows. There undoubtedly is one that will work with your screen, and they provide much better features and control then the default windows one.
One of Touch monitor is Acer UT220HQL. I have installed Acer driver, but the problem remains the same.

If you are convinient and are interesting, you can make a demo with a pushbutton to test it. I think it is Wonderware software problem.

intouch_PB_problem_1.PNG intouch_PB_problem_1a.PNG intouch_PB_problem_1b.PNG

Last edited:
Typically we make buttons like this 'Set' action. In the program there is a line that goes: if that bit is on, do something, then unlatch that bit. That might be a suitable workaround for you.

Typically we make buttons like this 'Set' action. In the program there is a line that goes: if that bit is on, do something, then unlatch that bit. That might be a suitable workaround for you.
Thanks.
Solution is cheap. My post is providing information for others in case they searched.