CCW visibility tag question

lbric

Hello,

i would like to make a "go to" screen button that is only visible once a user with sufficient rights has logged in. is there any way to do this using the user system tags and the buttons visibility option?

thanks
Ricardo

this is what i do. its a bit long winded but i believe its the only way to do it with the PV800s.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=99088&highlight=PV800

cliff notes version is you need to assign a tag in the PLC to the CurrentUser tag under the global connections in the PV800. Then use that tag in the PLC to compare to other string tags that you have in the PLC already setup. If the string compare is true, set a bit in the controller and then use that bit under the button visibility youre trying to control. for the price i like the PV800s and the Micro800 series stuff, but there is surely alot more work to be done on the programmers end for simple features that you may be used to with other AB products like the PVP series.