SattCon PLC

vset

We have a SattCon PLC. It looks like a single circuit board with a LCD display and membrane keypad that connects via a ribbon cable to a few I/O modules (see attached photos). I cannot see a model or part number on the unit so not sure which one exactly it is. The I/O modules are SD32D and XACV-B. An output has gone bad on the PLC and we need to readdress it.

So I found DOX10 (v 2.1-1) online and have tried going online to the PLC with it but have not been successful. I am not sure what all steps are necessary to go online. I created a new project and selected the PLC type as 05 and tried each of the differect ones under that family. Then I tried a receive program from PLC. With some of the models, it immediately says either unknown PLC type connected or that the connected PLC type does not match what is configured in the project.

The only 2 where it attempts to try and get the program are SC05-45 and SC05-45EREG. I am using 9600 baud for the connection. Other baud rates do not seem to work at all. With these settings, it starts receiving and the byte count goes up but eventually it either fails with a timeout error message or a received data invalid message usually after it gets to an address that varies but usually in the 8AF6 to B856 range. I am not sure if there is a problem with the DOX10 installation as one of the disks pertaining to Sattcon35 was missing or bad.

Under the project settings page where I select the PLC type, for library it says 115 and so I am not sure if that is part of the problem and if so how to correct it. Under the C:\DOX10\Library folder I see library files called LIB_115.VE? as well as LIB_X5.VE? and manually entering LIB_X5 does not work.

I have not edited config.sys or autoexec.bat and am not sure if missing some entries there could be causing this problem.

I have tried this from within XP SP3. Also from within windows 95 by booting up a computer using a USB boot disk running windows 95. I have also tried from within a Virtual PC session running Windows 98. In all 3 cases, the computer has had a native onboard serial port and so I am not using a USB to serial adapter. However it is a relatively new and hence fast machine (3 years old) and so am not sure if CPU speed is perhaps a problem.

At times after the receive fails, I cannot connect and try again at all till I power cycle the PLC. When it fails the message I get is error while starting the PLC communication.

The cable pinout on the PC side is for a DB9F: pins 2,3,5 are coming from the PLC while pins 1,4,6,8 are all jumpered together.

Any help in figuring out how to get online to receive the program from the PLC and also to change an output address in the PLC would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CPU.JPG CPUback.JPG IO.jpg

Try getting DOX5 software and trying that. Maybe controller doesn't support DOX10. I had a windows 95 computer with and ran DOX5 from a DOS emulator

Dox5

Thanks for your reply. Sattcon is out of business and ABB no longer supports this product or has anyone even in Sweden that knows anything about it. So it is not possible to buy DOX5 or DOX10 anywhere. Any tips on finding Dox5 would be greatly appreciated.

In 1998 I had to attend a "Sattcon 05" plc training course using DOX5, It was an awful long time ago but the training was provided by Alfa Laval automation, UK - who supplied our plate heat exchangers.

Perhaps they could help? If not, I do still know a former colleague who still works where I did and they MAY still have the equipment.

Send me a PM if you are still stuck and I will contact him.

PS From what I recall, everything was old skool DOS, absolutely nothing Windows about it!!

Last edited:
Hi,
Back in office Monday (UK time), Send me a pm a I can help out on DOX5,
Dox5 works in real dos mode (Windows 95) with a mod to config.sys settings. If PLC looses battery backup they defualt to a strange comms settings.

Have backed up and restored CU05-25CPU but don't know what CPU you have?
Your HMI looks like a Sattcon OP45.

Regards
Rob

SattCon OP45

You have a SattCon OP45 and the text on the panel is in danish, so is the machine from Denmark? :)

It is possible to program the OP45 with DOX10, and I will try to find my manual.

SattCon OP45

Jera,

The machine is indeed from Denmark. I have version 2.1-1 of Dox10. Should I select SC05 as the PLC type and 45 as the PLC version? That's what I did but when I attempted to receive from PLC I received the timeout and other errors that are in my original post.

Any ideas as to what I should do differently?

Also, under the project data section, should the library be listed as library/lib_115?

Thanks.

If you need any help with sattcon i have a sattcon guru here in sweden and if you want i can give you his info so you can contact him when ever you have problems with a satt con system.

Just PM me if you need/want his info

What he dont know about sattcon is not worth knowing ;)

was wondering if someone can help me regarding an issue with a SATTCON 05 slimlime PLC that was powered done and when it powered back up the RUN/STOP red LED came on and the PWR/BATTLOW started flickering. I have replaced the battery and now have a solid light for the PWR/BATTLOW indicator but the RED led is still on and from what i can gather the program execution has stopped nad needs to be restared but i have no software, no program and no capability to get online to it, does anyone know a way to get it back to run mode? thanks
[email protected]