Factory Talk Studio Global Object - PIDE PV communication failed?

plctek

Hi everyone, I am trying to add a control loop to my HMI interface however I keep getting the following issue, any idea why this would happen?

You're using PlantPAX faceplates... so you need to use an instruction called PPID for them to match up. The regular PIDE will not work with them. Is this what you're doing?

Which PlantPAX version are you using?

Weird, because

Hey, im using the faceplate from the 5.10 graphics library. The object that I am using is labelled as a PIDE icon. When I specify the global parameter values, it also tells me to select the PIDE tag not the PPID tag.

And when I load the program, the SP, PV and the OP all popup, just the associated faceplate that pops up with that icon doesnt work.

Why would that be the case?

Untitled picture3.png Untitled picture4.png

There's quite a bit I'm missing here... first of all and most importantly, are you using a P controller?

If not, then you chose the wrong library and need to go back to 4.10. Library 5 is made so that it only works with P controllers.

The other thing is that I can't find the file where you got the PIDE symbol from. I can't find it on my installation, but there is a PPID file where a similar symbol is located. Was the PIDE symbol copied from a PlantPAX v5 library?

ok i just changed my library from 5 to 4.10...

I am still currently having the same issue after downgrading from 5 back to 4.10. Is there a feature on my actual PID loops that is causing this that i need to enable or what?

Screenshot 2023-05-12 135608.png

just fixed it

for all of those of you wondering, the shortcut that I created in the communication setup had a space in it, "Link Tag", strangely enough, it shouldve been something like "Link_Tag"