factory talk studio ver 11

RY_Guthrie

I have some global objects, numeric display with associated data that pulls up a pop up screen. for the life of me i cannot figure out how it ties that pop up to that global object. I have attached 2 screen shots, where it shows go to screen 24,but what screen is 24? None of my displays are called that? If anyone knows this id appreciate a little help. see attached screen shots.global 1.png

global 2png.png

Right-click an empty spot in the display (ie not selecting any object) and open the properties dialogue box for the display. There you can set the display number.

EDIT: Note that 'GotoDisplayButton24' is just the name of that object, and is probably just an autogenerated name indicating it is the 24th GotoDisplayButton created, it likely has nothing to do with opening display #24

that is not what I am asking, the global object has a go to screen all ready programmed to it, according to the screen shot it says gotodisplaybutto24, and for the life of me i cannot find the relationship between any pop up screens and gotobuttondisplaybutton24.

You need to look at the base object then. I believe you can get to it from an option in the right-click menu on the object (don't have software in front of me atm to check).

If you can't get to it that way then at the bottom of the 'Graphics' folder there should be a section called 'Global Displays', one of the displays there will have the base object.