Weg cfw500 vfd issue

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone,

Im having the following problem,

Speed output of the vfd is always 115hz.

If i set the speed reference to 50hz the output still remains at 115, if change the reference to 35hz it still remains at 115hz.

I have checked the minimum speed and is ok at 3hz. I have checked that the reference in local mode is done by keypad and is ok.

I have tried using 4-20mA remote reference and also output speed remains at 115hz. In this case i checked that the remote reference is done by the AI.

Also tried joging the vfd and also the speed is stuck at 115hz

What am I be missing ??

Thanks!

I am configuring a few of these weg drives for a job I'm doing. Is the reference supposed to be 115 max? Have you tried opening the analog circuit and seeing if the reference changes? It could be a bad analog input, but the drive is set on remote or local.

I would try a factory reset of parameters and start over.

I am configuring a few of these weg drives for a job I'm doing. Is the reference supposed to be 115 max? Have you tried opening the analog circuit and seeing if the reference changes? It could be a bad analog input, but the drive is set on remote or local.

Hi Sparkie !

If i put it in local (speed ref with keys) or remote (speed ref with AI) or even if I jog it, every time the speed output (P002) is always 115Hz even though the speed reference (P001) is another value.. thats the strange thing..

Hi Sparkie !

If i put it in local (speed ref with keys) or remote (speed ref with AI) or even if I jog it, every time the speed output (P002) is always 115Hz even though the speed reference (P001) is another value.. thats the strange thing..

I'm working with a CFW100, so I'm not sure if the parameters match up exactly, but on this one you have P220, P221, P222.

P220 is your local/remote
P221 is your local reference source
P222 is your remote reference source

Please confirm these match your manual, and see what each is set to. Once you are aware of what the source is SUPPOSED to be, then you can troubleshoot the reference. It may or may not be likely that someone messed with parameters. If it isn't likely, then you would want to troubleshoot the reference source.

I just confirmed here that they are, in fact, the same.

Page 69, section 7-5
https://static.weg.net/medias/downl...-CFW500-programming-manual-10002296099-en.pdf

Last edited:
I'm working with a CFW100, so I'm not sure if the parameters match up exactly, but on this one you have P220, P221, P222.

P220 is your local/remote
P221 is your local reference source
P222 is your remote reference source

Please confirm these match your manual, and see what each is set to. Once you are aware of what the source is SUPPOSED to be, then you can troubleshoot the reference. It may or may not be likely that someone messed with parameters. If it isn't likely, then you would want to troubleshoot the reference source.

I just confirmed here that they are, in fact, the same.

Yep ! I have already check those and they are the same as factory default.

Thats why Im very confused. because the VFD is set to LOCAL and I can see it in the HMI. And the reference source for LOCAL is HMI key.

The parameter P0001 which is speed reference is 50Hz.
The parameter P0002 which is output speed is 115Hz.

If I put P0001 to 5Hz, P0002 will remain at 115Hz. My first assumption was that P133 (minimum speed) would be set at 115Hz, but its set to 3Hz as default..

Yep ! I have already check those and they are the same as factory default.

Thats why Im very confused. because the VFD is set to LOCAL and I can see it in the HMI. And the reference source for LOCAL is HMI key.

The parameter P0001 which is speed reference is 50Hz.
The parameter P0002 which is output speed is 115Hz.

If I put P0001 to 5Hz, P0002 will remain at 115Hz. My first assumption was that P133 (minimum speed) would be set at 115Hz, but its set to 3Hz as default..

What are those parameters I asked for set to?

P0002 is your output speed. I'm guessing it is RPM. The manual doesn't specify.

P0005 is your output frequency.

Last edited:
P220=2 (I have tried to set it to 0 and is the same)
P221=0
P222=1

You would probably have to power cycle, or at minimum stop the VFD and start it when you changed over. Your P0222 (remote source) is set to an analog input. I would set P0220 to 0, P0221 to 0, P0222 to 0, then power cycle the drive.

This will set your reference to 'Always Local', your local to 'HMI' and your remote to 'HMI'.

Then, P0121 is your HMI reference parameter that you can change to change the inverter frequency. See if that works without a full reset.

EDITS: I rewrote my sentence above so that it actually makes sense.

Last edited:
You would probably have to power cycle, or at minimum stop the VFD and start it when you changed over. Your P0222 (remote source) is set to an analog input. I would set P0220 to 0, P0221 to 0, P0222 to 0, then power cycle the drive.

This will set your reference to 'Always Local', your local to 'HMI' and your remote to 'HMI'.

Then, P0121 is your HMI reference parameter that you can change to change the inverter frequency. See if that works without a full reset.

EDITS: I rewrote my sentence above so that it actually makes sense.

I have already tried that but without doing a power cycle!

I will try that tomorrow and let you know!

Thanks !

1) I would do like above suggested blow out settings to factory

2) how are you connected, could a network connection be over writing speed, had this happen in past could not change anything basically because it was constantly being written to from network overriding anything entered locally

3) disconnect any and all speed reference inputs to see if problem goes away, maybe even tie them to ground or low them monitor speed ref in drive to see value

4) most drives today you can monitor, monitor the speed references to see what drive sees verses what you give it, some drive use two analogs one as main speed reference another can be summed to first which will effect speed reference, could this be setup?

I had a similar issue on a CFW500 last year after a storm. Output value would not change despite various analog input values. I had to replace the I/O expansion module in the drive. It's not difficult just ensure you set the dip switches correctly.