Modbus TCP Using 1756-L61 and 1756-EN2T

I have both. 2 gateways and 3 in chassis modules from Prosoft. The gateways are just that, providing network isolated data to a third party on a different subnet. Pure awesomeness!

The in-Chassis modules use the same configuration software, which is just OK. Could be greatly improved but as often as you need it I guess its fine.

The one from spectrum looks like a great improvement in configuration - but can't imagine how it would function any better. I still will try one someday.

I need one that can poll an RS485 loop using ascii commands and responses. Hope these show up on my radar someday.

I need one that can poll an RS485 loop using ascii commands and responses. Hope these show up on my radar someday.

check out the red lion datastation. Thats usually what I use to make AB and Modbus play nicely together. I am sure that they have a raw serial port driver that would work with the on board 485 port.

I believe prosoft do a 1756 in chassis module as well as a standalone unit

Recently did a project and found the in-rack card at around $2000 USD, where the gateway Din rail was around $500.

Used Red Lion Products which are also around $500.

what is model of the RTA gateway for Modbus TCP on one side and Rockwells Ethernet IP on the other ?

are they simple to use?

Yes they are simple to use it Ethernet ip on one side, the other side it serial, also there is a model it one Ethernet port from modbus tcp to Ethernet ip
The best thing they have good customer service