How to connect RSLogix PLC to an mobile app

That much I get, that I need it for the PLC.

But I guess the PLC needs to know which tags AdvancedHMI are reading/writing in?
So I can use them in the PLC Program correct?

And thats what I mean, how do I find those?

______

Besides that, then we need to programming the AdvancedHMI driver into our phone application?

That much I get, that I need it for the PLC.

But I guess the PLC needs to know which tags AdvancedHMI are reading/writing in?
So I can use them in the PLC Program correct?

And thats what I mean, how do I find those?

______

Besides that, then we need to programming the AdvancedHMI driver into our phone application?

The PLC doesn't really know or care about AHMI, when you build your AdvancedHMI app, you tell AdvancedHMI which PLC and which tags to connect to. You use Visual Studio Community Edition from Microsoft to make your applications (free).

Download and Install Visual Studio Community, then download AdvancedHMI. Open the .sln file in the AdvancedHMI directory. You will find a quick start guide in the AdvancedHMI directory that will walk you through building your first application.

You would need RSLogix and RSLinx to program the PLC (add/modify/delete logic). AdvancedHMI is an HMI package, it cannot modify the running program, it can read/write tags. It is capable of reading/writing tags without RSLinx because it has it's own communication drivers to connect/read/write to the PLC.

Alright, I will try that :)
Thanks for the help!

I come back if I can't get it to work :)

You can use a dedicated HMI that has remote access capabilities and using that manufacturer's app to control or duplicate the screen on your phone/tablet.
I've done this with Delta HMI's for fun and it worked really well. Get the screen on a wireless network, get your mobile device on the same network, and the app will find the screen and let you control it from your device.

I've used AdvancedHMI and it's very powerful, but if you're just doing a simple project for school it may be adding a level of complexity that isn't needed.

No problemo!
I got the connection working from VS/AHMI to the PLC. :)

Now the data technicians in my groupe are programming rest of the app, and then we will see if we get in working over wireless aswell :D

But very much thanks for the help so far!