5069 aentr

cyoung120

Hi Guys,
I have a new project coming up where we are using the AB 5069 line. I am currently working on the "base" project. Just adding the IO, VFD's, ENet Devices ect.

There are a couple or RIO racks that I need to add. We are using the 5069 AENTR. I am using the latest version of Studio (33.11) and the 5069 AENTR is not listed in the hardware catalog. The 5069 AEN2TR is listed though. I have installed the following AOP from AB (5069-AENTR_5069-AEN2TR_Adapters_AOP_16.02.02) and it still isn't listed.

Do the AENTR and the AEN2TR use the same module definition?

Thanks in advance.

...We are using the 5069 AENTR.

Do the AENTR and the AEN2TR use the same module definition?

Every ethernet module that I have used stores the EDS file on the card. Using RSLinx, you should be able to browse to the AENTR, right click (I think) and download the EDS file.

Then RSLinx knows what it is, and after a reboot of your PC (for some reason!) RS Studio knows what it is. But that's for adding the card to the IO tree.

I don't know about the AOPs - they may be on the card as well. Rockwell seems to have .. like EVERY service .. turned on for the ethernet cards. You should be able to ssh or ftp to the card and get a listing of the files on it. You might even find that on HTTP through your browser!

I have not used AOPs for cards that don't match - so I don't have any advice on whether the 2TR AOP will work. BUT .. the newer AOP should have everything that the older card has with a few extras thrown in. AND I have replaced a 1756-ENBT with a 1756-EN2T .. and a 1756-EN2TR .. in an operational system ... and it works fine.

Every ethernet module that I have used stores the EDS file on the card. Using RSLinx, you should be able to browse to the AENTR, right click (I think) and download the EDS file.

I don't have the hardware quite yet. Lead times of hardware from our distributor have been way longer than normal, I am assuming this is due to the 'rona.

I have downloaded and installed the EDS from RA website (EDS_Files_for_5069-AENTR__5069-AENTRK). Still no luck.

I have tried restarting, running as administrator,everything I could think of and it still doesn't appear in the hardware configuration.

Hopefully the hardware shows up and I can test using the module configured as AEN2TR instead of AENTR.

Thanks

For those playing along at home, the solution is to uninstall and reinstall the AOP itself. Apparently this is not as simple as running an "Uninstall.exe" and instead must be done with command line. Fortunately, the technote and it's instructions can be accessed by anyone.

Ah, good, ye found a technote for it.

I'll just go another step and post it as "I" do...

ID: BF10235 | Access Levels: Everyone
5069-AENTR is missing in my available list of modules

There have been a few such niggles with AOPs in recent versions of Studio 5000. Not good and not fun when you just need to get on with your day.

Regards,
George

For legal reasons, please do not post Rockwell's copyrighted material here.

While procedures are not copyrightable, exact verbiage and images are and Rockwell is likely to take a dim view of infringement. There's a reason previous posts linked to it instead of copying it.

On a mostly unrelated note, this particular article is apparently now TechConnect.

Thanks for the heads up. I've deleted my previous post.

I do want to note that I had to also download and install 5069-AEN2TR_Adapters_AOP_21.04.31 version as well. The tech note fixed the issue with adding the module, but I was still seeing the yellow question mark on an existing project which used the 5069 IO. After installing version 21 it is working properly.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have the exact same issue - I can get the IP address set up just fine, but it won't let me add as a module. I don't have a tech connect account - and it seems silly to have to buy one just to use their equipment.

I'd like to get this one set up and then I'll probably never use one of these again if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have the exact same issue - I can get the IP address set up just fine, but it won't let me add as a module. I don't have a tech connect account - and it seems silly to have to buy one just to use their equipment.

I'd like to get this one set up and then I'll probably never use one of these again if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance

Check your PM.

It appears the issue is relevant in V30. Also has issues in V32 and V33.

I don't have V30 on my laptop, but I opened a V30 in V31, and it was the flakiest thing I've seen, but it did add.

No issues with V32 or V35. I skipped over V33 and V34.

The 5069-AEN2TR was released before the 5069-AENTR. As of August 26, 2021, the 5069-AEN2TR was officially discontinued. An email I received from Rockwell stated security issues and they didn't want to fix that, so discontinued.

I don't know what level of software you have. I don't need anything more than the mini version. I have a concurrent license up to V32. I needed to go higher than that on the last project because of hardware support. It was a heck of a lot cheaper to do a yearly subscription than pay tech connect on the concurrent version. I have both installed, the subscription with 8-5 Tech support is $400, and I just renewed that yesterday.

Thanks in advance
The account it free, and many of the tech notes are visible with a free account.