Direct Extract from OSI PI (FT Historian)

Does FT Historian comes with SMT, with SMT you can view and export out data in CSV. Datalink (a plugin for Excel) is a better option as you can format thing and get multiple tags at the same time. Rockwell offer it but probably additional $.

Does FT Historian comes with SMT, with SMT you can view and export out data in CSV. Datalink (a plugin for Excel) is a better option as you can format thing and get multiple tags at the same time. Rockwell offer it but probably additional $.

Not sure about SMT, but will inquire.
Is there a tutorial on using Datalink with Excel to grab that data? It's been a long time since I've used Excel as a connector for anything.

just search youtube for "PI Datalink". I bet there's a function in the Rockwell historian charting tool that do that do but that's not something I use so I don't know.

SMT is the System Management Tool. Every FT Historian has it installed on the server.
You can browse tags look for bad and or stale tags. Get current values, view recorded values. Set up trust and security, file management etc...