What is the best software to learn Scada for free?

HamzaAhmed

Dear guys,

I want to learn Scada/HMI and how to make automation system.
What is the best software for this? I need a free or long trail not only 30 days.

Thanks,

Ignition Hands down. Not just because of it being a full blown SCADA, but because the documentation is well ahead of other offerings and them providing free training for that platform.

Once you know one SCADA platform, there will be some minor differences on how things are achieved, but for the most part they rely on the same pieces of software.

Ignition would be my recommendation as far as programs to learn, as it seems to be very popular, but VTScada also has a free "Light" version that is fully functional with up to 50 I/O points. I've found VTScada a little more user-friendly than Ignition as far as developing applications, but there is also the capability for a lot of scripting behind the scenes as well.

That is true one scada system learning easliy transfers to another.

I vaguely trained this guy with Iconics and he caught on to that, then he easily picked up on Ignition software. So what above has said is very true.

First I heard of the Ignition Maker edition, how similar is it to the full version?

Another is iFix, it's fully functional for 2 hours but you have to find someone to get a copy of it. iFix use VBA for sripting but I always feel it's kinda clunky.

It's basically full features + a tag limt.

Plus the following:

IgnitionWebSite said:
For Non-Commercial Use Only
Designed as a completely free tool for hobbyists, students, and individuals wanting to familiarize themselves with the platform. Ignition Maker EditionTM is not intended for industrial or professional use, or for any other monetary purpose, including using it in sales demos of Ignition.

It depends on what kind of company you want to work for.
If you are an integrator, you would have to learn all kinds of SCADA.